jeudi 28 février 2019

Linking binaries built with different compilers (gcc, intel, and clang)

I have a code that compromises vastly different languages e.g. Fortran, C, C++, and Python. To be precise my code is a very old Fortran/C++ numerical simulator with in situ libraries used from Paraview/Catalyst. In order to use these, I have to link them to OSMesa or Mesa's Software Galium3D. The thing is I want to use different compilers for these different parts. For now, first runs are working and I build the simulator with Intel Compiler and the rest using GCC.

I wonder should I expect any problem in the future for linking these binaries (statically or dynamically but mostly static) which have been compiled with completely different compilers but all on Linux and the same CPU architecture.

The whole building process is using CMake. So the second part is can I do something in the cmake's build process which inhibits the future hazardous situations?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire