vendredi 26 avril 2019

wxWidgets best control for drawing realtime graphics

I know there are variation for this question, but I haven't found an answer which actually clarify my doubt.

I made a little App using SDL to show some sprite animations, and it works really fine. It's important that the rendering is as smooth as possible.

Since now I need some GUI, I decided to use wxWidgets 3 to create kind of the same application but where I can now also add some GUI elements like menus, modals, etc.

After diving into the wxWidget's wiki, I found there are different ways to draw into a window.

For example:

  • wxClientDC
  • wxPaintDC
  • wxGLCanvas

I also found other kind of classes like the "Graphics Context classes" which i'm still not sure if they could be useful for what I need.

My application already uses an internal buffer which just needs to be copied. So my question is. What's the most appropriate way to do this on wxWidgets? And, how much performance/overhead does that solution impose? Thanks

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire