samedi 2 décembre 2023

Lack of LLVM support

LLVM is such a powerful tool, it is very well established and has a large community. As an undergraduate student I had project and needed to use the LLVM API. Words cannot describe how traumatised I am. I understand that LLVM is huge and very well documented, but I found it extremely hard to do even the most basic tasks. I just wanted to see if others face this problem or is it just me? Are people using LLVM already senior developers with years of experience or do companies such as Apple, Google, etc. gatekeep their resources? I am just very interested in the aspect of low-level compiler design in the future, so any advice would be very much appreciated!

Not only did I spent hours on the official website trying to find my way though, which was like navigating an online labyrinth from the 1990s, I also spent a large amount of time trying to find other web resources/forums, that were mostly useless!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire