mardi 25 juin 2019

error while loading shared libraries: libpdal_base.so.7 for CloudCompare on Ubuntu 18.04

I am trying to install and launch the point-cloud tool CloudCompare via sudo snap install cloudcompare as also advised from official documentation however I am running into the following error:

QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :0 Aborted (core dumped)

after doing a bit of research it seems that the dynamic linker has to be linked:

CLOUD_COMPARE_DIR=/snap/cloudcompare/200

and tell to find and set the library using the following command:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${CLOUD_COMPARE_DIR}/lib/cloudcompare/:${CLOUD_COMPARE_DIR}/usr/lib/:${CLOUD_COMPARE_DIR}/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${CLOUD_COMPARE_DIR}/bin/CloudCompare

The Error:

And after executing this I receive: /snap/cloudcompare/200/bin/CloudCompare: error while loading shared libraries: libpdal_base.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What I tried so far:

1) So what I did is installing the missing libraries using sudo synaptics double checking with other official documentation and installed what was missing:

pdal

So after sudo apt-get update I tried again but same warning: /snap/cloudcompare/200/bin/CloudCompare: error while loading shared libraries: libpdal_base.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

2) In addition to that I saw that someone opened a pull request #1822 specifically on this issue and it seems that this library depends on libcurl, but I already have it installed on my laptop, so that should not apply to my case.

3) Additionally I found this source to help figure out how to link the missing library but ended up using the same notation I mentioned at the beginning.

4) An additional source advised to use the following command to set the missing libraries:

lconfig

but this also was inconclusive.

5) Last but not least I rebooted the system to make sure all the procedure were right but that also didn't lead to anything and still have the problem.

6) The installed verison of pdal I have is the following: pdal 1.6.0 (git-version: Release)

7) I even found this source that is making me worried that my graphics card is/could not be enough to run CloudComapare but how is that related to the shared library it is apparently not installed libpdal even though I installed it using sudo synaptics?

Also why I am not able to locate libpal on my Ubuntu-18.04 I just installed using sudo synaptics even though the installation was successful?

Am I missing something during this process? Am I not catching an error that is evident?

System I have:

The snap --version I am using is:

snap 2.37.4+18.04.1

snapd 2.37.4+18.04.1

series 16

ubuntu 18.04

kernel 4.15.0-52-generic

And the nvidia card 1060 on board after typing nvcc --version is the following:

nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver Copyright (c) 2005-2017 NVIDIA Corporation Built on Fri_Nov__3_21:07:56_CDT_2017 Cuda compilation tools, release 9.1, V9.1.85

And if needed additional details after typing nvidia-smi is the following:

nvidia

I am running out of ideas and don't know what else to try to make it work. Thanks for pointing in the right direction or suggesting some other ways I didn't try so far.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire