mercredi 23 novembre 2022

Where does a segmentation fault occur if the debugger points to a function definition?

To elaborate, I am currently writing a program that requires a function that is provided by the professor. When I run the program, I get a segmentation fault, and the debugger I use (gdb) says that the segmentation fault occurred at the definition of the function that, like I said, was provided by the professor.

So my question here is, is the definition itself causing the fault, or is it somewhere else in the program that called the function causing the fault?

I attempted to find a spot in the program that might have been leading to it, such as areas that might have incorrect parameters. I have not changed the function itself, as it is not supposed to be modified (as per instructions). This is my first time posting a question, so if there is any other information needed, please let me know.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire