mardi 6 juin 2023

Integrating C++ Code into Node.js Application

I'm currently working on a Node.js project, and I've encountered a scenario where I have some computationally intensive tasks that could benefit from being written in C++. I understand that Node.js can interact with C++ through native addons using the Node.js Addon API and the N-API.

Before I continue, I have a few questions:

How does Node.js interact with C++? Does it call C++ functions directly from JavaScript, or is there some message-passing or event-driven interaction?

Are there any performance overheads to calling C++ code from Node.js, and if so, what are they?

How do I handle error propagation from the C++ code to the Node.js layer? Can I use JavaScript promises and async/await in this context?

How do you handle memory management when passing data between JavaScript and C++?

Are there any best practices or common pitfalls I should be aware of when integrating C++ code into a Node.js application?

I have read the Node.js documentation regarding add-ons, but I am looking for some practical advice and possibly some sample code to help clarify these concepts.

Thanks a lot :)

Node.js version: v14.15.4

Operating System: MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

C++ compiler: GCC 8.3.0

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire