dimanche 30 octobre 2016

Can C++11 condition_variables be used to synchronize processes?

I'm trying to learn about C++11's std::condition_variable. I've read the articles at cppreference.com and cplusplus.com as well as C++0x has no semaphores? How to synchronize threads?.

My question, which I think has not been answered by the three noted articles, is: can "semaphores" that are created with a combination of of std::mutex and std::condition_variable (see the answers to C++0x has no semaphores? How to synchronize threads?) be used to synchronize between processes the way posix named semaphores can be? It's not clear to me that this functionality can be achieved, because I don't see "sharable" information, such as a name, used in the creation of these objects.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire