dimanche 28 octobre 2018

Multicore library syncronization

I am not familiar with Multicore programing but understand that it is dealing with executable running in more than one processor. Now our embedded application will be build as two executable each running on separate core but it does not have shared memory in between them - so each core has separate executable doing specific operation.

I have been told to develop a C++ module that needs data from application running in both core and report it at one central place. This type of program is something new for me and they way I was thinking is to build a common library - which executable of both core will link with - but in one core - the library would behave as master while other as slave.

The reason is that let the data be collected in application in both the cores but it will collectively needs to be available in one place - so the slave library code will send a snapshot of its collection at timed interval to master - application need not worry of same. Application will use this library to update its statistics. That being done the master library running in a core is ready to serve the manager of data.

Since my knowledge is very limited and for reasons unforeseen - please guide me on my approach?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire