samedi 24 avril 2021

Difference between the windows installation of minGW64 and the MSYS2 shell installed version of minGW64

I have been using the minGW64 compiler with Visual studio code on windows for some time. However, there are certain limitations to it when it comes to certain libraries. The absence of a make tool and the inability to execute a config script while compiling a c++ program being the main ones. I came to know of MSYS, a tool provides a UNIX environment that allows us to do certain things that are forbidden by the windows terminal. I installed it but I saw that I need to install mingw64 again, from within the terminal to use it with MSYS2.

My question is, is there no way I can use my earlier mingw copy with this installation of MSYS2? Is there some difference between the mingw64 that comes with MSYS2 and the standard installation?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire