lundi 24 décembre 2018

C++/Thrift: Is TThreadedServer::stop() thread-safe?

I'd like to use the TTheadedServer in a separate thread to have control on when to stop/start it. My application needs only 1 controlling thread and one processing thread. I don't expect to have more than one client as I'm using thrift as a relay. TSimpleServer is not thread-safe, so I dropped that option.

I made a little minimal example to check whether it's thread-safe, and used clang's thread-sanitizer to make sure it's thread-safe. Here's the example

std::shared_ptr<MyHandler> handler = std::make_shared<MyHandler>();

int port = 9090;

th::stdcxx::shared_ptr<th::TProcessor>         processor(new HandlerProcessor(handler));
th::stdcxx::shared_ptr<tht::TServerTransport>  serverTransport(new tht::TServerSocket(port));
th::stdcxx::shared_ptr<tht::TTransportFactory> transportFactory(
    new tht::TBufferedTransportFactory());
th::stdcxx::shared_ptr<thp::TProtocolFactory> protocolFactory(new thp::TBinaryProtocolFactory());

ths::TThreadedServer server(processor, serverTransport, transportFactory, protocolFactory);

// start in another thread
std::thread          t(&ths::TThreadedServer::serve, &server);
t.detach();

std::this_thread::sleep_for(std::chrono::seconds(5));

// stop in this thread
server.stop();

std::this_thread::sleep_for(std::chrono::seconds(5));

So what I simply do is start the server with serve() in another thread, then wait for some time, and stop it. I ran this with thread sanitizer, and got a few thread safety warnings. I mention 2 here:

First: thrift/lib/cpp/src/thrift/transport/TServerSocket.cpp:244, at:

interruptableChildren_ = enable;

Second: thrift/lib/cpp/src/thrift/transport/TServerSocket.cpp:654, at:

if (-1 == send(notifySocket, cast_sockopt(&byte), sizeof(int8_t), 0)) {
  GlobalOutput.perror("TServerSocket::notify() send() ", THRIFT_GET_SOCKET_ERROR);
}

So is what I'm doing correct? And is TThreadedServer controller thread-safe? Thread-sanitizer doesn't seem to think so, although the test program works with no problems.

I'm using Thrift 0.12.0.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire