vendredi 14 janvier 2022

Should I strive to use std::system_error in driver-wrapping code?

std::system_error is:

the type of the exception thrown by various library functions (typically the functions that interface with the OS facilities...) when the exception has an associated std::error_code, which may be reported.

Now, I'm writing some code (a library, in fact) which interacts with a driver, and that driver returns its own error codes (not the same as the C library errno).

I could, theoretically, write an std::error_category for these, and return std::system_error's with no error number and the appropriate category.

My question: Should I do this, or will this be trespassing into something I should keep out of? (In the latter case, I'm just rolling my own exception class carrying an error code)

Note: Somewhat related to: C++11 (or Boost) system_error strategy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire