lundi 28 mars 2022

Can we use standard C++ threads with wxWidgets and Gtkmm

I have built a GUI application using wxWidgets. In that application, i have also used worker threads etc, for which i used wxThread. Now, i am learning about std::thread in the standard C++. I have also just started learning gtkmm. And i want to use std::thread in my GUI applications. My question is that is it possible and recommended to use std::thread in a wxWidgets and gtkmm based GUI application.

Basically i want to apply what i have learned about std::thread in practical projects.

I have also read this which says:

In C++11 programs, consider using std::thread instead of this class.

My second question is that, does the above quote means that we should(and are allowed to) use std::thread in a wxWidgets based project if we're using C++11(as i am in my project) and std::thread should have higher preference over wxThread when using C++11 in wxWidgets.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire