jeudi 17 mars 2022

use a lambda to start a thread which is a class attribut

I would like to assign a name to a thread, the thread itself must do this. T his is a class member of the class foo. I would like to start this thread with a lambda but unfortunately I get the error message: no match for call to '(std::thread) (foo::start()::<lambda()>)

Can someone explain to me where the problem is? Previously I had created a temporary tread object, and put this with move on the thread "manage", however, I can then give no name.

class foo {

    public:

        int start()
        {
            this->manage([this](){
            auto nto_errno = pthread_setname_np(manage.native_handle(),"manage");           // Give thread an human readable name (non portable!)
              while(1){
                  printf("do work");
              }
            });
            return 1;
        }

    private:
        int retVal;

        std::thread manage;

};

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire