mardi 16 octobre 2018

Approach to learning C++ in-depth [duplicate]

This question already has an answer here:

I am an intermediate level programmer with 2 years experience python. I have written and worked on production code in python during my internship. 3 years ago, I had studied the basics of C++(including OOP concepts like inheritance, polymorphism, object embedding, composition, etc.). Now, I want to dive deep into C++ and learn how to write high performance, memory efficient production level code. I know the fact that the knowledge I'm seeking will require me to read a lot of books over of period of time.

My planned approach to diving deep into C++ is this:

Learning: Read A Tour of C++ 2nd edition book by Bjarne Stroustrup. In case of in-depth explanation on some topic, refer cppreference.com or read some reference book like The C++ Programming Language by Stroustrup. In case, of doubts, ask on stackoverflow or reddit. Also, answer other people's questions on stackoverflow.

Implementation: After reading A Tour of C++, learn how to build and maintain projects. Build an open-source command line tool in C++ for linux Eg: A CLI file manager like ranger or maybe a git interface.

I believe this to be the first step towards C++. Given my experience in programming, I would really appreciate if someone could point out a better approach or provide enhancements to this one. Any other suggestions regarding tips and practices would be deeply appreciated.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire